I realize that it *technically* is not quite spring yet. However, the weather feels like spring, the trees are blossoming, the flowers blooming, the honey bees buzzing (you get the picture) and by the time I get around to writing another one of these posts it will probably be summer. So spring it is. I can't believe it. I can't believe I am already halfway through this semester. The time really has flown. But I digress. Without further ado, here are a few of my favorite things these last few months:
- Hearing my little students on Sunday morning say, “I can’t wait to find out what we learn about today!”
- Hugs, kisses, giggles, hide-and-seek, and candid conversations with my contemplative nephew and my spunky sassy niece
- Sunday afternoons with family and friends. These are the good days.
- weather like spring in FEBRUARY. Give me more, please. (yes, i know this means the summer will be miserable)
- evening runs in the pink sunset glow (they don't happen often enough these days)
- stretching and getting significantly more flexible (the splits are going to happen this year...or maybe more like in the next five years, but they are going to happen)
- new music from Michael Bublé, Allman Brown, Colony House, Ellie Holcolmb, and Allison Krauss
- seeing Newsies Live! in theaters - if you missed this you missed out big time
- chai spice and matcha lattes (fuel for life my friends)
- reliving high school in my General Biology college class (the nostalgia is real, folks)
- learning to use my new Instant Pot - it's been an uphill battle since apparently i have a phobia of steam
- writing news articles and (fake) obituaries for my Journalism class!
- catching up with good friends over coffee
- making wedding plans with my sister and getting oh-so excited for the future!
- seeing plans become reality one step at a time
- witnessing God's providence every day in the big and little things!
And there you have it! What are some of your favorite things this spring season? Please share!